If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food!
Many people ask me what’s the best food to consume during a break at work or school because they found themselves having really poor-nutrients industrial snacks which are loaded with high-fructose syrup or unhealthy fats which only make you feel tired and fat.
These snack I’ll be showing you today are actually super easy to make and you can also make in advance then store in the fridge! They are complete and really yummy as well, you just have to organize yourself and keep few minutes every now and then to prepare your favorite fruits and nuts and that’s it.
In the photos I took of my snacks there are few ideas you can keep as an example but vary with the fruits you prefer. There are few things that I suggest you to put any time when you make one of your jars to get the perfect nutritional balance and texture as well.
1) Nuts / seeds: you can use walnuts, macadamias, hazelnuts or even sunflower seeds just to mention some because they contain healthy fatty acids which help you to balance the cholesterol in your system aiding a good blood circulation in your veins;
2) Fresh fruits: feel free to use any fresh fruits you prefer even according to your seasonal produce;
3) Berries: berries are known for containing high amounts of antioxidants so hands down for blueberries, raspberries or even strawberries;
4) Chia seeds; chia seeds can act like a gut-cleaner remedy when left in a liquid overnight till they form a gluey compound. I mix them with coconut water and stevia then put in the fridge overnight to set. The next morning they can be added to your snack;
5) Vegan yogurt: vegan yogurt is the main part of your jar. It gives the yumminess because of its texture. I personally love almond or coconut yogurt. You should preferably use unsweetened yogurt as a base and then blend it with fresh fruits and stevia or agave syrup to make the one you prefer;
These are the main ingredients you should always put in any of your snack jar. The fun part of it is to always try a different mix according to your likings! Keep in mind to store them in the fridge and consume within 4 days!
Share with us your creations tagging our Instagram page @kaataa_get_closer!
Since I was young I approached to a plant-based diet for healty reasons, realizing soon that what we eat can really make a difference. Being aware of this, I started a personal research by attending nutrition courses, and being passionated about the art of cooking, i decided to move to London to work in the best raw vegan restaurants of the city. After a few years, I came back to Italy to raise awareness there by spreading healthy eating and lifestyle knowledge, organising and taking part in events and meetings.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
NEVER MISS A THING!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive regular updates on Kaataa.
You can always stop receiving our email easily … so why not try?!