GIOVANNINI COLLECTION

Vini Giovannini

The best way to get a true taste of the Giovannini vineyards and all the different flavors that their loamy, clayey soil produce. With this box you get to try the full scope of their style of winemaking; three whites and three reds. Every grape is harvested by hand and then fermented in concrete. Taste the fruit of vineyards that have been producing for nearly four decades and compare the difference between those that have only been producing for five years.

This box includes:

1 Bottle Gioja 2020

1 Bottle G.G.G. 2019

1 Bottle Giogiò Sangiovese 2018

1 Bottle  Oppalà 2018

1 Bottle Oplà 2018

1 Bottle Giocondo 2019

Delivery in 48-72 hs

69,00

SKU: K0020P03 Category:
Dry Albana Gioja DOCG Dry Albana GioJa is 100% Romagna Albana DOCG. The Albana grapes are harvested manually in the first ten days of September, 95% of the must is vinified without the skins while the remaining 5% is left to macerate with the skins. A soft pressing is then carried out and the must is then passed into concrete barrels where the fermentation and aging take place for 8 months on the best lees to give the wine its characteristic aromas. The vineyard from which these grapes are derived was planted 37 years ago and rests on the hills of Imola with loamy, clayey soil located 150 meters above sea level with south-east exposure. You can expect pleasant notes of honey, apple and flowers. Alc. 14%   G.G.G. Bianco del Sillaro G.G.G. is 100% white Sillaro grapes. The grapes are harvested manually in the first ten days of September. Once the grapes have been pressed, the must is left to macerate in contact with the skins for 5 days, and then passed in concrete barrels for another 15 months. It is then bottled and left to age for another 8 months. The vineyard from which GGG grapes are derived was planted 37 years ago and is located on the hills of Imola. It is characterized by a loamy and clayey soil located 150 meters above the sea level, with south-east exposure. You can expect aromas of peach, apricot, and honey. Alc. 15%   Oppalà Sparkling Trebbiano IGP  The Rubicone Trebbiano Frizzante IGP grapes are harvested towards the end of August, rigorously harvested by hand and placed in boxes, with the aim of preserving the integrity of the bunch. A soft pressing of whole bunches is then carried out and fermentation starts. Subsequently it is vinified in white and then begins aging in barrels for a year. Refinement continues in the bottle for another 6 months. The Trebbiano vineyard from which Oppalà is derived was planted 5 years ago and is located on the hills of Imola. The vineyard is characterized by a loamy and clayey soil located 170 meters above the sea level. Oppalà sparkling trebbiano is refermented in the bottle, giving the wine a slight cloudiness. Expect a crisp, round, citrus scent.  Alc. 13%   Oplà Sangiovese IGP Oplà is 100% Rubicone Sangiovese IGP. The Sangiovese grapes are harvested around mid-September and are crushed and de-stemmed. Subsequently, the must undergoes red maceration (with stems and skins) for 10 days, after which it is transferred to concrete barrels for an aging of 6 months. At this point it is bottled and then aged for another two months in the bottle. The Sangiovese vineyard from which Oplà is produced was planted 7 years ago and is located on the hills of Imola, it is characterized by a loamy and clayey soil located 150 meters above the sea level, facing south-east. Expect bright, fresh pleasant notes. Alc. 12.5%   Giocondo Cabernet Sauvignon IGP Giocondo is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon IGP.  The Cabernet Sauvignon grapes are harvested by hand in the first ten days of October. A red maceration (with stems and skins) is carried out for 30 days and then transferred to concrete barrels. The Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard from which Giocondo is produced was planted 25 years ago and is located on the hills of Imola. It is characterized by a loamy and clayey soil located 150 meters above the sea level, with south-east exposure. You can expect fruity notes of cherry, blackberry and black cherry (amarena) blended with liquorice and chocolate. Alc. 15.5%   Giogiò Sangiovese IGP Giogiò is 100% Rubicone Sangiovese IGP. The Sangiovese grapes are harvested manually in the first days of September. The must is placed in red maceration for 30 days in concrete barrels. Subsequently, the 1 year refinement is started in concrete barrels, to then be bottled and continue the refinement in the bottle for another year. The Sangiovese vineyard from which Giogiò is produced was planted 30 years ago and is located on the hills of Imola. It is characterized by a loamy and clayey soil located 150 meters above the sea level, facing south-east. Expect fruity notes such as cherry, blackberry and black cherry (amarena). Alc. 13%